First things first - the colour palette.
- Medium grey right through to charcoal, and maybe even touches of black.
- This palette does have an overall darker feel, so try not to get too many lights in the mix.
- It's ok to mix a few solids in with those patterned fabrics
I have chosen a really simple block, so all levels of quilters can jump right in.
Wonky Quarter Log Cabin - John Q. Adams aka Quilt Dad
- Start with a centre in the 3-4 inch range
- I cut my strips approx 2-4 inches wide
- The blocks don't need to have a ton of wonky, but a bit will make them interesting.
- Trim finished blocks to 12.5 inches square.
Blocks are dues at October meeting
General Block Rules are here
Wondering which hashtags to use on IG and social media?
#quarterlogcabin #calmqgblocklotto are great choices. #calmqg and #calgarymqg are good too!